Eddy current method application at the active face control and the rolling surfaces of the rails allows to perform not only evaluation of the vertical damage depth but the localisation of the areas with surface marks, such as:
- transversal fatigue cracks (International Defect Code (UIC) 211);
- quenching cracks (International Defect Code (UIC) 2223);
- active face delamination (International Defect Code (UIC) 2222);
- wheels sliding areas (International Defect Code (UIC) 225).
Performing the rail head vertical damage evaluation enables to decide if the grinding machines application is actual, or whether the damaged area replace shall be provided. This allows to significantly cut the time and financial expenditure.
If you need Eddy current , you need to have this one in suporting your job easier.
ETS2-77 flaw detector advantages
- light aluminum frame;
- specialized abrasion-resistant ECPs allow to evaluate the oblique cracks with up to 3 mm vertical damage depth;
- 8 ECPs application allows to perform the control of the whole head rail surface in one run;
- individual spring-mounted fitting of each ECP;
- fast removal of the scanner during the transfer from one area to another;
- individual adjustment of ECP position;
- operating time – not less than 8 hours;
- specialized SW for setting up, testing and inspection results review